Sunday 12 October 2014

#285: Have a session with a personal trainer

I'm on holiday, so what on earth am I doing at the gym? I know, right: What's wrong with me?!? What's wrong is that I'm finally feeling good about myself and I have the time to spend on resting up and recovering afterwards. One of the (many) reasons I don't work out at home more often is that I get exhausted very easily. Between my demanding job and generally hectic life, I find it only takes a few days of hard work outs added to my normal life before I'm totally burnt out.

On holiday, however, I have the luxury of recovery time. As much as I'd love to find a way to incorporate working out like this into my life more often, I think it's a step too far for me -- at least at this point in my life. Maybe someday, when my life is a little less demanding, I can handle it. But for now, it's a step too far, even as I feel the pressure to push myself to do it.

One of the things I've learned through this process, however, is that while pushing myself sometimes, is great, there's also times I need to just accept certain limitations, be realistic and give myself a break. The fact I'm working out on holiday is going to have to be enough...for now.

Photo credit: Shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment