Friday 10 October 2014

#158: Ride in a helicopter

 
Wow! Now this is what I'm talking about! When I put my list together I had some easy things, some boring things and some exciting things. Ride in a helicopter was clearly one of the exciting things on the list, but I highly doubted I'd be able to actually do. But it stuck out as one of the things that would be a lot of fun to do, so when I was looking into what to do and where to go on holiday and found a place that offered a (relatively) cheap and quick Copter transfer from the airport, I bit that fishing line faster than a starving Marlin.
It was a quick 10 minute ride from the airport in St Lucia to the heliport in Castries, flying past the Pitons and over the rainforest and banana plantations. It was not only an amazing way to start our holiday but was also a great way to see the island as the sun was setting. If only we could afford to do it for the return journey as well! For our return we have a sick-inducing 2-3 hour bus ride in front of us, but that's what we need to do to allow us to do the 'copter ride.
I'm flying high (and very lucky)...What a way to start a holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment