Tuesday 18 March 2014

#225: Sunbathe topless

Ha! As if! Well hell must have frozen over and come to Thailand because I found myself at the pool with the other girls on the retreat with my baps out. They were all going topless everyday, walking around without a care in the world. It took me a  few days (and a lot of encouragement from the girls), but knowing this was on the list and thinking when the hell else would I do this, I eventually threw caution -- and my bikini top! -- to the wind. No more white bits for me!

I’m not normally one for public nudity, and frankly have always been rather insecure about my body and looks. I only bought a bikini for the first time about 10 years ago. (Well past my prime bikini years even then!) So there was something quite freeing about going dénudé.

The plus side is that I don't have any tan lines. The downside is that no one but me will be seeing my new tan-line free torso. But, like wearing nice underwear that no one sees, I'll know and feel better for it. But let's just say my neighbours back home don’t have anything to worry about. I’m not planning on making a habit of it. Camden has enough local eccentrics as it is. There's no need for topless sunbathing in the rain after all. :-)

Photo: Victor Torres / Shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment