Monday 20 January 2014

#203: Lose 10 lbs


Like many people I started this year wanting to lose a bit of weight. I spent much of 2012 and early 2013 losing weight and while I hit my lowest target weight in Feb 2013, I didn't think it was particularly realistic to stay at that weight for an extended period. I like my food and drink too much and last year was about having fun and enjoying myself again. So it was no surprise that I found myself slowly put some pounds back on over the course of the year.

I had given myself a limit to stay under, -xxx- weight for the year (#190), a number I thought was at the higher end of what I'd consider a healthy weight for me and my lifestyle. Towards the end of the year, I found myself inching closer  to that upper limit and having to keep things in check to make sure I didn't breach my List item.

While I successfully stayed under that high water mark, like many people I went into the Christmas season knowing that I wanted to lose 10lbs by the end of January. So instead of starting my diet on Jan 1, I actually started a bit before Christmas, and have been particularly careful this Jan. I haven't been a complete saint, but not drinking certainly has helped, as has getting on the scales everyday to remind myself to eat well.

As a result, I've found that I've reached the lower end of my target weight and achieved a 10 lbs weight loss before month end.

I hope to keep going and to set a new all-time (adult) low sometime soon...but if it doesn't happen it's because I'm too busy enjoying life...so it's all good either way.

Photo credit: saje / shutterstock 

No comments:

Post a Comment