Friday 21 February 2014

#52: 21 days no booze

Photo: Dmitriy Bryndin / Shutterstock
Ok, so going 21 days is cheating somewhat because my original goal was to make it 30 days without consuming any alcohol but, what can I say, in my current lifestyle 30 days is just not realistic unless I want to be both a hermit AND a teetotaller.

It's just not possible for me to meet new people and be out doing new things without having at least the occasional drink now and then. There may be some people who say that I need to take a serious look at my health and life choices, but I have to admit I like my drink and always have. I don't want to live a life of healthy abstinence. It may be what the doctor ordered but it results in a very boring and mundane life. I'm proud to have made it 21 days without having a drink; it's long enough for me. The original goal might have been to go a full month without, but that wasn't a particularly realistic ambition...at least for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment