Wednesday 12 February 2014

#44: Get a good tan

My cousin once said: Sometimes we long for something that we know is wrong. Sometimes we want something that will make us feel good in the short term, but it could damage us in the long term. Sometimes we want something that will make people's heads turn in judgment. Sometimes we yearn for something that gives us a temporary boost, but we know does nothing to improve who we are on the inside. Today I looked in the mirror and admitted to myself that I grapple with such desire. I WANT A TAN!! Just a little one; a little splash of color; a small painting of bronze to perk up the pasty, pale, jaundice looking skin that stares back at me in the mirror! There. I said it.
Photo: Nicolesa / shutterstock

There's just something about having a tan that makes me feel better about myself. I know it's not good for me but I'm glad to be heading back to cold, snowy, Blighty with a tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment