Monday 29 September 2014

#154: Go to an (American) Football game

One of the things about living abroad is that I've found that I occasionally miss spending a lazy Sunday watching football on TV. It's an American ritual that is somewhat hard to shake. It's been years since I've been to a live NFL game in the US, however, I've been lucky enough to go to a few of the International games they've held in London in the past and have always had a really great time. There's something about American razzmatazz that is awe inspiring (and cheesy) but if you go in with the right mind set, can be so much fun.
This year the Minnesota Vikings played the Steelers and I knew when I made my list that I had to find a way to get tickets, as the Vikings are my favourite team. By the time game day rolled around, though, I was still ticketless. Knowing this was on the list made me stick to my guns and persevere. Otherwise, I could have easily just sat and watched it on TV.

It's times like this that having The List is good because it (still) does force me to do the things I know I'd like to do when those moments of laziness hit and I don't want to leave the house/participate in life.

It was a great game. (Vikings won 34-27)


No comments:

Post a Comment